Wednesday 13 January 2016

POTENTIAL EMIGRANTS

He stood at the toll gate with battered regalia
Endowed with potentials which her mother land could not inspire
Greener pasture afore his abdomen decries
Another emigrant of human potential from Nigeria

His mother land failed to acknowledge his abilities
But another land applauded his capabilities
For this sake they paid for his hospitality
So he could contribute to their economy

In akimbo he wondered the fate of his motherland
Held ransom by embittered men
Where potentials abound but in slavery dens
Decisions of few men with selfish aims

The nations surround in need of our nation’s youth
In whose bowels lie inventions to transform nations from its root?
Their voyage alight at the Niger route
For potential slavery to build their nations, brutes!

They gave me few documents they called it scholarship
And another which they called citizenship
But in my hands are the receipts of my slavery transaction
Because my mother land sold my ability to another nation
Because she had no room for my creative imaginations

The pillars of acclaimed world powers we have built
Because we labored tirelessly dispensing our youthful strength
My own rejected me so another enslaved me
If I go home I would die of sorrow but here lies hope for tomorrow

The emigration of potentials still abound
The new version of human slavery to abroad
For the rebuilding of our mother land we cry
For the return of enslaved potential don't deny


kelechi ukauwa

No comments: